Monday, April 23, 2007

The First Weekend

Well, it was pretty good, that I'll admit. Managed to meet up with a nice girl Huong - through an internet friend who put me in touch with her. Thank God for the wonders of the internet. Also had dinner with a relatively youthful "yuppie" crowd down here in HCM - met 2 other interns with a local fund. Headed on down to several clubs after that. Wasn't too bad for the first weekend. A fine fella caught my eye - this young Viet-Australian lawyer. He had a near-shaven head, you know how I dig that. Well, he sure wasn't interested in me. Psssh. And he left early too. Bummer. But two of the very nice interns made sure I got home safe. Eh. One of them even held my hand at the end of the night - cute too. So sweet, but moi knows a practiced fellow when she sees one.

But other than that, my life remains relatively ripple-free. Work got slightly better today, hope it lasts.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

so glad that the week gets more enjoyable as it passes. How'sclubbing in vietname? more locals or caucasians or other expats from nearby countries?

-ade(belle)

9:07 AM  
Blogger nubilewordsmith said...

Hey Adebelle!

There are some nice pish posh places a bit like alleybar/bar fly and many other lounges here. Nice to chill.

The first Club I went to was a bit like Coco latte. Not bad decor. Second place I went to Apocalypse, well decor a bit dated. Crowds were all over - um crowd like Orchard towers. LOL. Does that help?
=)

Think they are expat clubs/bars too....

How's your internship coming along?

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home