Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yes, I'm still alive.

Hello there dear friends,

I know I haven't exactly been conscientious in updating my blog. But here's some updates in my life.

Re: The Room Mate

I'm talking about the Lithuanian one. I decided that her personality was a bit too strong for me to take 24/7. Nice to hang out with in certain instances - say parties. Outgoing sociable - but terribly in your face. She's pretty genuine, but continued exposure to radioactive materials, tends to be slightly less than healthy. So one day, tired of it all - an opportunity opened up. The company had decided to move another apartment of people into a new apartment ( Here's some background: The company has 3 apartments, one of them was shit, and they decided to shift the people into a better dwelling place, so I tagged along). She was quite conveniently travelling that weekend, so I saved myself tedious explanations.

This new place is quite a lot better. Its a hell lot cleaner. Plus I get an attached bathroom to the bedroom. Also, I figured when new people move to an apartment, household norms can be set.When I initially moved to the old dirty apartment, the rules were already set ( First commandment being: Thou shalt leave your dirty mess around, because there would be a cleaning lady cleaning up after you. Second commandment being: Even if the cleaning lady doesn't perform her function effectively,living in glorious filth is a cultivated second nature). So in the new flat, since my new room mate has not arrived yet; she would be here tonight, Korean girl, we can set the norms. The other two existing flatmates ( A Taiwanese girl who's become my good friend, and a very nice French lady, I like very much) seem to be pretty considerate. Rule is, take off footwear before entering my room.

And the toilet is clean. Bad thing is that I have no internet connection, which also means I have to find the time to head to the internet cafe and I haven't found a practical solution to uploading photographs yet.

Ok, I've updated you about the living conditions so far. Thing is I need to use the loo right now, and the one here is dirty - so I gotta head home to use the loo!

Ciao ladies and gentleman,
I will continue writing again later maybe or in a couple days

Much love.

P.s. I miss you guys- friends and family back home :)

Post-note dated 1 December 2006 : To be honest, my first room mate is one of the people I miss the most from the Indian Experience. Only just realized that... She's a great chick.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

haha great tt u've settled in well with the new roommates... ur internet connection was well-sacrified... heh. hope u get it back up and working tho. and hope work is getting better! take care

9:30 PM  
Blogger Jon Lai said...

"This post has been removed by the author."

Well done babe!!! What did you censor this time?? lol. Glad all is fine with you! Keep smiling, wish i could send lilies to you :)

9:41 PM  
Blogger *dep* said...

..*hugs.
.. =)
..miss ya!
..press on babe.

5:42 PM  
Blogger nubilewordsmith said...

Cheryl:
Thanks girl, for faithfully commenting. I really appreciate that. How's it going with the tutoring? Tell the kids I said hi, and that I know a couple of hindi words now :)

Ryan:
Congrats! I heard the good news, I'm so sorry I can't be there to for support this Friday. But I'm behind you all the way!

Jon:

Jonnie boy, no lah I didn't censor anything. I don't have that reliable or constant of a net connection to do that! You still could DHL some lillies to me!

Cindy:

Hey babe, I'm not sure what your email address is. Is it the same one as your MSN?

Mui mui:

I miss you too! You haven't replied to my latest email... *pokes*

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home