Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Doh.Blue ears.

Every month or so, I re-dye my tresses blue black. Yesterday morning, was one of those occasions.

So you know, its nice to be looking your best at the start of the week. Plus, I was dressed rather spiffily because there was a talk re:treasury careers which required a corporate dress code.

Had my extra-ebonied tresses up, high in a ponytail,pearl stud earrings, black linen shirt,pinstripe pants and pointy toed shoes. So (I thought) strode into the city campus looking quite debonaire.

All the way up to marketing class - then it came to, too abrupt an end. First thing of my friends said to me was " Your ear got something." Self-consciously, I was like - what?, I touched them in reflex, and noticed a blue-black residue smeared on the tips of my fingers.

My nimble,quick mind sought to make sense of this peculiar occurence and I came quickly to the conclusion that,yup it was the hairdye. The sinking feeling grew heavier as I turned to my friend and asked him " Is it very bad?".

Barely concealing his amusement, he said " Quite obvious." Guffaw,guffaw.

Taking a deep,deep breath this was what I did - pop a mentos,let my hair down and feign a brave nonchalance.

We-eell,that's the truth sans the mentos part.

Was relating it to another friend today and she said comfortingly " It happens to even the best of us."

So there.

(If I could capture this singular moment, my chin would be jutting out. And if you're observant enough, you'd also probably notice that my chin's wobbly - and my lips curled into a pouty,pursed defiance.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home